Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is it posibble to change the language in the operating system?

I was wondering if is it possible to change the language in the operating system from english to other. If it's possible how can I do this. I have windows XP, home edition.Is it posibble to change the language in the operating system?
In order to change from the default installed language on Windows, you'll need to get the language packs. Unfortunately, they don't work on XP Home (professional or corporate editions only). Plus, Microsoft doesn't sell them, you can only get them if you're a bulk customer (large corporations, universities, etc.) or if you have an active MSDN subscription (easily over $1000/yr), when they'll send them to you in the regular sets of software CDs that they send MSDN subscribers.



One thing you can do regardless of your version of XP is change your keyboard mapping to a foreign language so that you can type in whatever language you want to. I've included a link to a brief description of how to do this in my source list.



I know for a fact that Macs don't have this problem, as I typically switch my interface (menus, etc.) between English, Spanish and German depending upon what I'm doing.Is it posibble to change the language in the operating system?
yes it is possible but while you are installing windows only

thenIs it posibble to change the language in the operating system?
you should buy different language packsIs it posibble to change the language in the operating system?
Yes, there are language packs available that will change many aspects of the OS to your chosen language. I believe some are included in the default install like, english and spanish others need to be purchased.

You can do this anytime.
  • thin hair
  • small white pimple
  •