Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change my Windows XP from Spanish back to English?

I live in Mexico, but my computer is from Canada. Windows used to be in English, but we had a guy come do some work on our internet connection and he was using the computer and changed everything to Spanish. I've tried changing it back by using the language option in the Control Panel, but although it is changed to United States English and the Spanish option was removed, everything is still in Spanish. I can't find another place where I can change it and I no longer have the Windows XP disc for the computer. The guy who changed it didn't use a disc (well, I wasn't watching him, but I'm pretty sure he didn't completely reinstall Windows) so there must be some way to change it back! I have googled this a number of times, but can only find the option in the control panel as a way of changing it back. Please help me as this is really annoying (my Spanish isn't very good so I can't read error messages or some of the options on my computer). Thanks!How do I change my Windows XP from Spanish back to English?
See if you can download the language packs from Microsoft and reinstall them. It may fix the issue of changing the language back to English, because you may be right about everything not being installed. I would ask did you click OK or apply? They do different things. OK changes it only while using the computer and apply changes the whole computer, then reboot.