Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the language from russian to english in windows xp?

I have installed a russian copy of windows XP on my desktop, and I can't seem to change the language of the GUI to the English language... I got ALL of the programs to install and run in english, but I can't get windows to change the language that it is using... I have already tried to change it in the regional settings and I also tried installing the MUI... Nothing works... What should I do?How do I change the language from russian to english in windows xp?
Unfortunately, you can NOT use any Control Panel options - it's because you have real Russian version of XP and not English version with Russian MUI installed.



By the way there is no such thing as _English_ MUI - it's why this way did not help you.



No solution - only installation - from scratch - another, English version of Windows 'killing' that Russian XP - and thus you will have to install again all the programs on that brand new Windows installation



*************



For people who answered - some of your advices were about _typing_ (Keyboard setup), some - about system code page (affects display of national letters in the menus of the programs), some - regional setting for say date/time and numeric formats -

nothing related to the question, sorry!



You can learn more about International features of MS Windows (including all things mentioned in other answers here) on the site devoted to Russian/Cyrillic (but it's the same for any other language, too):



http://WinRus.com



**How do I change the language from russian to english in windows xp?
You can use regional and language settings from control panel to solve the problem. Choose the language English USHow do I change the language from russian to english in windows xp?
press start menu

click run

type in region and laguange

a box should appear

the then change langauge and such



I hope i helpedHow do I change the language from russian to english in windows xp?
Start Menu %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; Regional and Language Options %26gt;

Regional Options



Use the drop down menu and select %26quot;English (United States)%26quot;



All of the fields should automatically fill in the US Standards.

.How do I change the language from russian to english in windows xp?
install the english version..

have a friend the screen in russian for you and

go to start,

control panel

date ,time, language, regional seting

regional and language options

select language

details

select default language to english usa

reboot