Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change the language for my windows xp computer?

Hi, my windows xp has a default language to spanish! I want it to be in english but don't know how to change it. Can anyone help me?How can I change the language for my windows xp computer?
Hi, have you tried using the icons to find your way around your menu and fix it? But you probably can't remember which ones to follow... I had to look at them. :-D



Okay, try this:



First the Start menu icon - a window.

Next could be Settings which is a yellow cog with a rod through it and something white and squarish behind it.

Then the Control Panel icon will be either a couple of tools on a folder OR a notepad with a border around it and a tick on it, plus a pencil.

Next an earth for Regional and Language Options.



The second tab across should be the Language tab - possibly something like Idioma.

The first click box should be the Details button and will bring up a new window.

In the new window, use the drop-down arrow to look for Ingl茅s which is Spanish for English.

The left button at the bottom is probably the OK button.

That takes you back to the first box which also needs OK clicking.



After this, hopefully you are back in English and can check whether English is set as the default. It's vaguely possible that you will have to restart your computer and/or use your Windows CD.



Words that might be useful that I got using a translator (might be right, might be wrong, but hopefully they will be a guide at least):

Ingl茅s = English

Espa帽ol = Spanish

Idioma = Language

Los detalles = Details

Puede = Okay

Reinicie el equipo. = Please restart your computer.

Por favor, inserte su CD de Windows. = Please insert your Windows CD.



If you still are stuck, you can use this site to translate from Spanish to English (and vice versa if needed) and see if you can work it out:



http://translator.live.com (This will take you to another page http://www.windowslivetranslator.com/Def but I find the link I gave you easier to remember. ;-) )



If it is in Spanish, the left side is to type or paste in what you want to translate and the right side is where the translation will be after you click the button. The drop down arrow should have Espa帽ol-Ingl茅s in the list which is alphabetical.



Hope that gets you out of your fix.How can I change the language for my windows xp computer?
Hello, if you are talking about changing the complete operating system (windows xp) to english, you will need to buy an english version of windows xp,