Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to change the UI language in windows XP professional version SP3?

Hi! I got a used laptop from my friend in France, unfortunately it is in french.It's OS is Microsoft Windows XP professional SP3.I have tried to change the language through control panel regional settings,and it required installation CD I inserted XP Pro SP2 CD as I don't have SP3 CD.It worked like installing the US English language and displayed some dialog boxes in french,I don't know what the hell it said.Then it restarted but didn't change.Please anyone help me to change it to english without reinstalling the system.I don't have SP3 CD also.How to change the UI language in windows XP professional version SP3?
Hi, for Windows XP you can install language packs on top of English XP, but you cannot install English on top of international XP versions. They changed it for Vista so that you can do what you want, but not XP.



Sorry, your option is to reinstall an OS.