Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to change the language on my Windows 7 Laptop?

I just bought a Toshiba Laptop, its OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. Is there any way to change it to spanish? The laptop isn't for me, but for relatives in Mexico. I tried to change the language, but it didn't work.



I looked online for answers, and it appears that I need a Windows 7 ENTERPRISE or ULTIMATE. Because language packs are available as updates, but only for these 2 versions. That means if anybody bought a Home Premium, an update for a language would not appear. Its outrageous that i need to buy this upgrade, when Windows 7 is an upgrade itself. Why would i spend $200 on an %26quot;ultimate windows 7%26quot; upgrade, when I already have the OS, just not the version.



Are there any alternatives? Im open to language packs that I would have to pay for, anything.How to change the language on my Windows 7 Laptop?
It looks like you've answered your own question! The alternative to paying for it, of course, is to steal it. When computer software or other copyable media is involved, this is called piracy.



Aside from those options (namely, pay for it or steal it) I'd say your only other option is to go without spanish. The browsers and many of the individual programs can all be set for spanish, but to change windows itself you must have ultimate or enterprise.How to change the language on my Windows 7 Laptop?
The MUI (multilingual user interface) pack is indeed for ultimate and pro but I download it and it works for home premium.Just go to optional downloads at microsoft updates and get the language pack you want.
  • cat
  • Fish
  •